Carnegie Science Alumni Email Forwarding Service
The Carnegie Science alumni email forwarding service allows you to continue to receive email at your firstname.lastname@example.org email address.
This can be valuable for anyone that has published content and provided their Carnegie Science email address as a point of contact.
Eligibility for email forwarding:
- Must be a former employee in good standing.
- Must be approved by your current/former Carnegie Science supervisor or higher.
- Must provide a forwarding email address (i.e. email@example.com)
Other things to note about a Carnegie Science email forwarding:
- An @carnegiescience.edu forwarding address is not a stand-alone email account. Rather, it is a service that will forward messages to a designated email address.
- It is not possible to retrieve messages directly from an @carnegiescience.edu email forwarding address, either through the web or using a desktop email program. Messages sent to your firstname.lastname@example.org forwarding address can only be retrieved through the address to which mail is being forwarded.
- It is not possible to send an email from your email@example.com email forwarding address. Though some email clients allow users to reconfigure their outgoing email to reflect their firstname.lastname@example.org email forwarding address as the sender, this is not a feature we provide support.
- This is an opt-in service and only provided upon request and approval.
How to request email forwarding:
Email email@example.com with the approval from your current or former supervisor. Please also provide a non-Carnegie forwarding address (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you have any questions about your email@example.com email forwarding service, or about its functionality, please firstname.lastname@example.org