The Small Format Printer (SFP) provides high quality print outs of images and diagrams.
To setup SFP on Windows 10:
Click on the Start/Windows menu, select "Settings"
- Click on "Devices"
- In the "Printers & scanners" section, click on the plus button to add a printer
- After waiting for a moment for it to appear, click on "The printer that I want isn't listed"
- Select the "Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname" option, and click "Next"
- Set the "Device type" to "Web Services Device"
- Set the "Hostname or IP address" to "sfp.dpb.carnegiescience.edu" (dge can replace dpb, and ciw can replace carnegiescience)
- Click "Next". If the printer is not on, Windows will complain. Make sure the printer is turned on and return to step 3 if necessary
- Once Windows finishes setting up the printer, the printer install is complete.